Wednesday, February 13, 2013

1 corinthians 12:11

"It is the one and only Holy Spirit who distributes these gifts. He alone decides which gift each person should have."

 So I guess that means I dont get to pick... but I can ask. If my heart lines up with His will then I will recieve the one I asked for, and if my heart isnt where He wants it then He will change me and give me the one He intended me to use for Him! I am so thankful God sees ahead of what im doing and He is the one who knows what situations and people who I am going to encounter. He knows which gift I should have, that will best glorify Him.

I like the word distributes. He doesnt keep them from us, but He distributes gifts so we can better honor, share, and point to Him.  Just the sentance that 'He alone decides which gift each person should have," shows He knows us better then we know each other. He does know the big picture!

If we were all given the abilitly to fly, we would compete and compair, and it wouldnt be all that cool anymore... It could be handy but it would be a show. So in the same way we arent all given the same gifts because then we wouldnt get stretched. With the gifts we are given they arnt meant to be a show anyways! The show is for God. If we are just working to impress, but with out live then it means nothing. We should want to recieve and use the gifts out of love for God. Also we all have different personalitlies so even in that way we all are given different gifts to reach different personalities. God knows.

Soli Deo Gloria- to God alone be the Glory

Application: Today I will pray to find out what gift I have, and when I know I'll use it and remember its all for Gods glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment