Saturday, February 23, 2013

John 8:35
"A slave is not a permanent member of the family, but a son is part of the family forever."

The first thing I can think of is at some point a slave is given a choice. To stay and be a bond servant, or to leave. In the same way we as Christians are given the choice to leave... or stay.

I still cannot comprehend being a slave/ bondservant for Christ. its just boggles my brain that God has to be in complete control. If I want to glorify Him I need to straight up give up. But know that I think about it I would much rather be free of sin and be a slave of Christ. Because His way wont be a burden. It will come with trials and war, but it will be lead by wisdom, love, and all knowledge power.

I love that the son is Jesus. He is the perfect and He is in the holy family. The perfect family. And He can never be cut off which is wonderful! Because He is why we can have relationship. He covered our sins since we cant be perfect, but we can still abide with the father because of Him. God is so good! as a wonderful song says "Lord you gave your life for me, so I will give my life to you"

It amazes me that we are all so much. like the Israelites yet God always wants us back and wants to help us. I am so thankful God had the bible written so we can get even just a small glimpse of who he is. I am going to write down and chew on all the verses that has to do with how God apposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment