Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mark 8:34

So many good things in this passage! He called both His desciples and the crowd to listin. He extended His hand to those He was closest with and those around Him. I think one of the main words that stuck out to me is 'want'. If any of you 'want' to be my followers Jesus didnt tell them they have to or else! He just gave the invitation.

When we are evangalizing it is important not to shove Christ down their throat. But to give them the option and extend Jesus to them.

As well as the command to go out and make, teach, and baptize in Matthew 28 Jesus clearly commands us "if you want to follow me you MUST put aside selfish ambition, and take up your cross." I like how He said must put aside" He didnt say it will be easy, but He already knows if we do not die to ourselves it will be harder for us to truly honor and obey God.

 Shoulder your cross... I have never sat and thought about this before so im not sure what to say. But what is coming to mind is after you die to yourself, take up your burdens, and leave them on the cross. Repent. Be ready to die for Christ.

application: I need to daily shoulder my cross and leave my burdens there. Since God takes them and I need to trust Him and not worry.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment