Friday, February 1, 2013

1 Corinthians 12:7

"A spiritual gift is given to each of us as a means of helping the entire church."

The church is the bride of Christ. we are to help each other out by keeping each other pure and spotless.  With that, the spirit points us to Christ but also keeps us in check with how we should be acting as a body... In a marrage the wife is called to respect, help, and encourage her husband. the spirit nudges, and sets her up for having the right motivation.  Her motivation should be wanting to bless her husband, not to doing it to get the cute reaction, but rather just so he knows she love him... if that makes since. Just like in a marrage, the Spirit both keeps us in check, for keeping us pure with our relationship with God, as well as wanting to do it to glorify Him and make Him feel loved...so many times I have the wrong motivation, I do it cause i know its right, or i dont do it cause i dont want to or dont think it will work out. I have been trying to pray every morning to be filled with the spirit so that I can be used to glorify God and be thinking about  Him.. and being attentive to what He is wanting me to do for Him.

Instead of us just wanting Him to fill us everytime(which we need but it is a two sided relationship), we need to bless Him and honor Him with what He has given us. We need to work on our side of the relationship, because He is perfect and He is wanting us to be inlove with Him because He loved us so much He died for us... nothing we bring can be good enough. But walking in His Spirit and truth is the best we can do. Listening and wanting to submit to Him and letting His strength carry us is what He wants best. Trust is such a hard think sometimes, but thats ultimately what God wants from us. A gental spirit wanting us to fall in His arms for whatever we need. Just before I came here I really finally understood how much I need His strength. I have no strength. my flesh is strong but the desires of my flesh are not what God wants for me... I am so thankful He gave me the guidlines to protect me, and that He knows the plan for my life.

Also since we are called to love one another we are to help each other out. The Holy Spirit did not give us the spiritual gift to just keep it between a few people, no He gave it to us so we can bless and support the entire church. The body of Christ. Where ever we are we can find, and hold up the arms, in the body of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment