Sunday, February 24, 2013

1 Corinthians 13:5

"or rude. Love does not demand its own way, love is not irritable and it keeps no records of when it has been wronged."

The opposite of demanding its own way is sacrifice, or submission. Demanding is just never attractive. Love is not irritable. what? I always heard the more you are around someone the faster you get sick/annoyed of them. That doesn't have to be the case. If that was the case, God would be so annoyed with us all the time. Wow. Thank you God for being patient! Me getting irritated mostly depends on my mood or my pet peeves. But that shouldn't be the case! I am so thankful that's not the case with God... 

keeping records of wrongs... God help me. I got so angry at someone once, because she had a list of everything wrong with someone else. Then I realized I kind of did that too. So DUMB! Our sins always look worse when someone else does them. ever since that time I have prayed God would take that our of my heart. because I really really really don't want that in me! for one its only going to effect my walk with God, which is huge! and second it will keep me from trusting others. I wouldn't want someone to hold my sins against me. So I should not even start to think about holding something against them.

Again. Jesus Christ... what a perfect example of love. Today if it comes up in my mind to get angry about the past I will say a verse to get those thoughts out of my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment