Saturday, February 23, 2013

Mark 8:36

"What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?"

The word forfeit sticks out a lot to me! Forfeit loose of give up as a nessisary consiquence of something else.

It is so sad to me that some people would honestly give up their soul in the order to have the things in this earth. It drives me crazy to know that people do know about heaven and hell and salvation, but they still would rather live for here and the now rather then here knowing you can store up real treasures later in heaven.

In Colossians 3 it talks about setting your hearts and mindson heavan not on earthly things. I know I should live now to glorify God, and whenever I go that should be my focus I know I dont need to worry about the future. Because God has it taken care of. I just need to obey His call and be sensitive to what He is wanting to tell me or have me do. Although I know my heart and mind arnt set on heaven. I know I am striving to be focused on God but does that count as heavenly? I guess it does because once we are there its all about the trinity and worshiping God for all eternity.

Today I will meditate and find time in my day to not be interupted.

No comments:

Post a Comment